Grilled Turkey Salisbury Steak
The Biggest Loser guest chief Rocco Dispirito revamped this traditional high fat classic (Beef Salisbury Steak) into a healthy protein-rich meal. Check out his new cook book, Now Eat This for many great healthy and tasty meal ideas.
Calories per serving – 290
Carbohydrates – 15 grams
Protein – 42 grams
Fat – 6 grams
1 1/4 lbs. Ground Turkey breast
3 tbs. Chopped fresh rosemary
2 heirloom tomatoes cut into ½- inch slices
1 medium red onion, cut into ½- slices
1 cup evaporated skim milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ cup shredded sharp provolone cheese.
- Preheat grill on high
- In a bowl mix turkey and rosemary and divide into four portions and form into one-inch-thick oval patties.
- Season patties with salt and pepper & spray with olive oil & place on grill.
- Spray tomato and onion with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on grill.
- Grill meat and onions for 4 minutes per side & tomatoes for 2 minutes per side.
- In a bowl whisk evaporated milk into the cornstarch, pour into a sauce pan and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened (approximately 1 minute).
- Whisk cheese into the sauce until melted and season with salt and pepper
- Pile tomato and onion on patties and spoon cheese on top.
Reference: Runners World, August 2010, pg. 46
If you’d like more info please contact Mike.